Road Closures Planned for Marathon in Burlington
Residents should be aware of some upcoming road closures.
On Sunday, March 3, the Chilly Half Marathon and Frosty 5k road race will be taking place in downtown Burlington.
According to the city, the following road closures will be in effect the day of the event:
- Brant Street will be closed from Maria Street to Elgin Street from 6 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- James Street will be closed from John Street to Brant Street
- Brant Street will be closed from Lakeshore Road to Elgin Street (access to Bunton’s Wharf via Locust Street) from 9:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Lakeshore Road will be closed from Brant Street to west of Burloak Drive (access to Old Lakeshore Road from the west maintained with delays) from 9:45 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Residents on the north side of Lakeshore Road who need access during the race can drive west to or from the nearest side street when the way is clear of emergency vehicles, the city reports.
For more information on the event, click here.
- Desperation for Rentals Reaches Fever Pitch in Halton
- UPDATE: Oakville Regional and Town Councillor Refuses to Step Down After In-Laws Charged by OPP
- Oakville Residents Charged Following Municipal Election Investigation
- Police Searching for Suspect Wanted on Warrants for Assault and Failing to Attend Court
- 10 Things You Didn’t Know About the Ontario Racquet Club Near Oakville