Sephora Shoplifting Suspects Sought in Oakville and Burlington
Two men are being sought by Halton police in connection with the theft of items from a luxury cosmetics chain in Oakville and Burlington.
“I don’t believe it’s a one-off,” said Const. Naresh Dabas from the District Response Unit which is focusing on retail crime as Halton police are cracking down on shoplifting across the region.
The suspects were eyeing an electric face brush — the Foreo Luna mini — in the Sephora store at Oakville Place on Aug. 23 at 1:26 p.m.
They picked it up and exactly one minute later, “both of them left the store without making any attempt to pay,” said Dabas.
The item is valued at $159.
Investigators say they believe the suspects went straight to Mapleview Centre in Burlington, entering Sephora at 2:01 p.m.
They allegedly “selected and concealed” three more Luna mini brushes and exited at 2:02 p.m., Dabas said.
“Again, they went in, and they knew exactly what they wanted,” said Dabas.
“They knew exactly where the item was.”
The items are worth $477 — combined, the four brushes are valued at $636.
The first suspect is white with brown hair. He’s balding, stands six-feet, and was wearing a grey zip-up hooded sweater with a blue shirt underneath, army print or camoflauge shorts, and black and white running shoes.
He was carrying a reusable shopping bag from Browns shoe store.
The second suspect is black, bald, standing 6-foot-2. He was wearing a black long sleeved shirt, black pants, black shoes, and a black cross-body bag, or man-purse.
Anyone with information is asked to phone 905-825-4747 ext. 2351 or CrimeStoppers 1-800-222-8477.
Images courtesy of Halton Regional Police
- Canadian military preparing to get involved in COVID-19 pandemic
- Man dead after driving stolen vehicle into Milton pond: Halton Police
- Four Burlington residents test positive for COVID-19, bringing Halton total to 25
- Road closed after vehicle drives off roadway into water in Milton
- COVID-19: Trudeau announces massive funding for Kids Help Phone and programs for seniors
- Police Seek Sephora Shoplifting Suspect in Oakville
- Police Seek SportChek Shoplifting Suspects in Burlington
- Police Searching for Suspects After More Than $10K Stolen From Sephora in Burlington
- Police Seek Walmart Shoplifting Suspects in Burlington
- Gum and Baby Formula Shoplifting Suspects Sought in Burlington