Severe Thunderstorm Warning Currently in Effect in Halton
Residents should be aware of some stormy weather in the forecast.
According to Environment Canada, meteorologists are currently tracking a cluster of severe thunderstorms capable of producing very strong wind gusts, up to nickel size hail, and heavy rain.
"This cluster of severe thunderstorms near Erin is moving east at 80 km/h," the statement reads.
A warning is in effect as the heavy rainfall can cause flash flooding and water pooling on roads, while the hail and strong wind can potentially cause damages or injuries.
"The Office of the Fire Marshal and Emergency Management recommends that you take cover immediately if threatening weather approaches."
Residents are advised to stay cautious and keep an eye out for any further weather statements.
- WATCH: Stunt drivers and street racers 'hijack' roads and parking lots; Oakville man charged
- Police searching for woman last seen in Oakville area
- Toronto police officer and Halton resident arrested for sexual assault
- Doug Ford plans to extend state of emergency in Ontario until June 30
- These are the companies currently hiring amid COVID-19 pandemic: May 29