Severe Weather Watch is in Effect for Halton
We hope you have an umbrella handy!
Environment Canada is issuing a severe thunderstorm watch for the Halton-Peel area (Oakville, Milton, Halton Hills, Burlington, Mississauga, Brampton, Caledon).
“There is the potential for severe thunderstorms beginning late this morning and this afternoon,” reads the statement issued at 9:46 a.m. on Friday morning.
The weather agency says conditions are favourable for the development of dangerous thunderstorms that may be capable of producing strong wind gusts, heavy rain, and damaging hail.
Yes, that’s right—hail.
Even though it’s small, it’s still hail.
Very large hail can damage property, break windows, dent vehicles, and cause serious injury.
The weather agency is reminding people that heavy downpours can cause flash floods and water pooling on roads.
Lightning is also dangerous, so residents are encouraged to seek shelter in the event of a major storm.
- 10 Things You Didn’t Know About the Ontario Racquet Club Near Oakville
- Truck Carrying a Number of Bicycles Stopped in Burlington
- OPP Warning Drivers Of Traffic Hazard On Highway 401 In Milton
- A New Waterfront Restaurant with a Patio is Coming to Oakville
- Collision on the QEW Causing Major Delays in Oakville