SIU Probes ATV Crash in Burlington
The province’s Special Investigations Unit (SIU) has invoked its mandate after a 35-year-old man was injured in Burlington after slamming into a police cruiser.
The incident took place on June 25 at 10 a.m.
That’s when OPP’s Burlington detachment received several calls regarding a man operating an ATV on the QEW.
Officers found the vehicle and tried to stop it but the man refused, exiting at Eastport Dr.
A short time later, the ATV made its way back toward the highway, colliding with a cruiser.
The man was taken to hospital with a serious injury.
His female passenger wasn’t seriously hurt.
Four investigators and two forensic investigators have been assigned to this incident.
At this time, one subject officer and three witness officers have been designated.
The SIU is urging anyone who may have information about this investigation to contact the lead investigator at 1-800-787-8529.
Anyone with video evidence related to this incident is asked to upload footage.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency which investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault.
- Canadian government warning residents to beware of convincing new SIN scam
- Exciting Event Coming to Massive Entertainment Facility
- Here's why Halton residents should vote strategically this election
- Hamilton couple charged after police seize drugs, break and enter tools in Burlington
- Justin Trudeau appears at campaign rally in Milton