Some Upcoming Road Closures in Burlington You’ll Want to Take Note of
There are some upcoming road closures happening in Burlington that residents may want to take note of.
The first closure is a result of the Santa Claus Parade happening this Sunday, Dec. 2, from 2 to 4:30 p.m.
According to the city's website, from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Prospect Street from Cumberland Avenue to Guelph Line will be closed. Local access will be permitted.
From 1:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m., according to the city, the following closures will also be in effect.
- Guelph Line from Prospect Street to New Street
- New Street from Guelph Line to Martha Street
- James Street from Martha Street to Brant Street
- Brant Street from Baldwin Street/Victoria Avenue to Elgin Street.
Halton Police will be monitoring all closures and directing traffic at major intersections.
According to the city's website, "Emergency services access will be maintained at all times along the event route.”
The second closure is a result of the Santa 5K Road Race taking place downtown Burlington on Saturday, Dec. 8.
According to the city's website, the following road closures will be in effect.
From 6 to 11 a.m.:
- Brant Street from Ontario Street to Elgin Street
- James Street from Brant Street to John Street
From 8:30 to 11 a.m.:
- Lakeshore Road from Elizabeth Street to Maple Avenue
- Lakeshore Road from Northshore Boulevard to Eastport Drive
Also, at this event, Halton Police will direct traffic at major intersections.
Event marshals will help runners and motorists at multi-residential driveways as well as on side streets.
Photos are courtesy of the City of Burlington.