Strong Weather Warning Issued for Halton
Residents should be aware of some potentially dangerous weather in Halton.
According to a statement from Conservation Halton, strong shore-bound winds are expected to build overnight and through Saturday (October 27).
“Sustained easterly winds between 30 and 40 km/hr are expected with possible wind gusts over 50 km/hr,” the statement reads.
Wave heights of 1.5 metres or higher can be expected as a result.
Conservation Halton is warning all residents and children to keep a safe distance from lakefront areas during this time, as the strong winds and high water levels can potentially cause waves to overtop breakwalls and other shoreline structures, making these locations extremely dangerous.
The warning will be in effect through Sunday, October 28.
Conservation Halton will continue to monitor wind and lake conditions, and will issue further messages as necessary.
- UPDATE: Arrest Made in Connection with Armed Kidnapping of 22-Year-Old
- A Big Change is on its Way to Starbucks Locations in Halton
- Part of QEW in Oakville Blocked Following Vehicle Fire
- ARMED KIDNAPPING: Police Searching for Male Kidnapped by Three Masked Men
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Highway Lanes Blocked Due to Vehicle Fire in Burlington