Strong Weather Warning Issued for Halton
Residents should be aware of some potentially dangerous weather in Halton.
According to a statement from Conservation Halton, strong shore-bound winds are expected to build overnight and through Saturday (October 27).
“Sustained easterly winds between 30 and 40 km/hr are expected with possible wind gusts over 50 km/hr,” the statement reads.
Wave heights of 1.5 metres or higher can be expected as a result.
Conservation Halton is warning all residents and children to keep a safe distance from lakefront areas during this time, as the strong winds and high water levels can potentially cause waves to overtop breakwalls and other shoreline structures, making these locations extremely dangerous.
The warning will be in effect through Sunday, October 28.
Conservation Halton will continue to monitor wind and lake conditions, and will issue further messages as necessary.
- Strong Wind and Shoreline Warning Issued for Halton
- Watershed Conditions Flood Outlook Statement Issued by Conservation Halton
- Strong, Potentially Damaging Winds to Hit Halton
- Residents Advised to Avoid These Areas during Snowstorm in Halton
- Conservation Halton Advising Residents to Exercise Caution Near Lake Ontario Shoreline