Suspect Arrested Following Shots Fired in Georgetown
One suspect has been arrested in connection with a shooting that occurred on Feb. 26, 2019, in Georgetown, Halton Hills.
According to police, this shooting occurred at a Garrison Square residence in Georgetown.
Shortly before 4 p.m., officers, the Tactical Rescue Unit and the Canine Unit arrived at the residence where shots were reportedly fired, to find several shell casings nearby.
No reports of injuries were found in relation the incident.
Witnesses reported a suspect fleeing the area in a white or silver, newer model Honda Accord or Hyundai, in an unknown direction.
Now, following an investigation, police have identified Juvonte Hylton (22) of Mississauga as the person responsible for the shooting.
The accused was arrested on March 12, 2019 and held for a bail hearing.
The accused is facing the following alleged charges:
*Possession of a weapon for a dangerous purpose
*Fail to comply with recognizance
*Discharge firearm - recklessness
*Possession of a controlled substance
Police believe the victim and their residence were targeted by the accused.
- Close to 500 new cases of COVID-19 found in Ontario, close to 300 total cases confirmed in Halton
- You could be fined up to $100,000 in Burlington if you're not 6-feet apart
- Justin Trudeau says we won’t return to complete normalcy until a vaccine is produced
- ‘Dynamic’ physical distancing could help balance COVID-19 fight, economy: study
- Federal models suggest that between 11,000 and 22,000 Canadians could die of COVID-19 over coming months