Suspect Charged After Selling Stolen Items from Oakville on Kijiji
A Caledon man is facing charges after power tools were allegedly stolen from an Oakville business then sold online.
Several suspects forced open a work trailer on March 31, say Halton police, jacking more than $5,000 worth of items.
The suspects were caught on video fleeing from the scene near Bristol Circle and Coventry Rd. in a white pick-up truck.
But the tools were then posted for sale on Kijiji and someone tipped off police, who set up a meeting with one of the suspects.
Joel Mongrain, 36, was arrested.
He’s charged with possession of property obtained by crime over $5,000 and breach of probation.
Mongrain was held for bail.
Anyone who may have additional information concerning this investigation can contact Det. Mike Tidball at 905-825-4747 ext. 2275. Tips can also be submitted to Crime Stoppers “See something? Hear something? Know something? Contact Crime Stoppers” at 1-800-222-477 (TIPS) or through the web at www.haltoncrimestoppers.ca.
- Halton Paramedics Respond to Multi-Vehicle Collision in Oakville
- Police Searching for Suspects Following Real Canadian Superstore Incident in Oakville
- These Are Some of the Strangest Objects Found on the GO Train
- Here’s Why Some Halton Students Could Face Suspension
- It’s Going to be an Extremely Cold Weekend in Halton