Suspect Charged After Selling Stolen Items from Oakville on Kijiji
A Caledon man is facing charges after power tools were allegedly stolen from an Oakville business then sold online.
Several suspects forced open a work trailer on March 31, say Halton police, jacking more than $5,000 worth of items.
The suspects were caught on video fleeing from the scene near Bristol Circle and Coventry Rd. in a white pick-up truck.
But the tools were then posted for sale on Kijiji and someone tipped off police, who set up a meeting with one of the suspects.
Joel Mongrain, 36, was arrested.
He’s charged with possession of property obtained by crime over $5,000 and breach of probation.
Mongrain was held for bail.
Anyone who may have additional information concerning this investigation can contact Det. Mike Tidball at 905-825-4747 ext. 2275. Tips can also be submitted to Crime Stoppers “See something? Hear something? Know something? Contact Crime Stoppers” at 1-800-222-477 (TIPS) or through the web at www.haltoncrimestoppers.ca.
- Halton Police Dog Sniffs Out Stolen Car Suspects
- Suspects Charged in Oakville, Burlington Break-In Spree
- Three Suspects Arrested in Burlington in Relation to Stolen Property
- Three Suspects Sought After More Than $1K Worth of Items Stolen From Longos in Oakville
- Men Arrested After Stolen Vehicles Found in Oakville