Suspect Charged Following Series of Vehicle Entries in Oakville
A suspect has been charged following a series of vehicle entries that occurred in Oakville.
According to police, overnight on May 19, 2019, several unlocked vehicles were broken into in the area of Eighth Line, between Upper Middle Road and Dundas Street.
“In one instance, the suspects located a set of keys for the vehicle inside and as a result the vehicle was stolen,” reads a news release from Halton Police.
After committing the thefts, the suspects made fraudulent credit/debit card purchases at several locations in the city of Hamilton.
However, on May 21, 2019, one suspect was located in Hamilton and arrested.
Keighan Monteith-Bethune (34) of Hamilton is facing the following alleged charges:
- Theft under $5000 (9 counts)
- Theft of motor vehicle
- Fail to comply with probation (2 counts)
- Fraudulent use of credit card (2 counts)
- Possession of property obtained by crime (4 counts)
According to police, in a separate, but similar Oakville incident from April 2019, several unlocked vehicles were entered and again, the suspects located a spare set of keys for one of the vehicles.
This vehicle was stolen and has since been used in the commission of other criminal offences.
Police are reminding residents to lock their vehicle(s), remove any valuable items, and to not leave spare keys inside their vehicle(s).
Anyone with information pertaining these incidents is asked to contact Detective Constable Mark Bingham of the Oakville Criminal Investigations Bureau at 905-825-4747 ext. 2268
Tips can also be submitted to Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS) or through the web at www.haltoncrimestoppers.ca.
- Oakville-Based Children’s Health Facility Gives Layoff Notices to Close to 300 Employees
- UPDATE: Police Release New Photos of Suspect Following Hate Crimes in Burlington
- Two Suspects Sought Following Distraction Theft Incident in Burlington
- Here’s Why Some Burlington Residents Can Now be Fined Up to $100K
- 5 Places Where You Can Take Amazing Instagram Selfies Near Halton
- UPDATE: Suspects Arrested Following Vehicle Entries in Oakville
- Suspect Facing Charges Following A Series of Vehicle Thefts in Georgetown
- Teens Arrested After Thefts from Vehicles in Burlington
- Men Arrested After Stolen Vehicles Found in Oakville
- Police Investigating Numerous Vehicle Thefts in Oakville and Burlington