UPDATED: Suspect Sought in Oakville Bank Robbery
A suspect is on the run following a bank robbery in Oakville on Saturday afternoon.
He was seen going “towards Town Hall," said Halton Police Staff Sgt. Paul Davies.
The suspect "apparently got into a vehicle nearby and left in the vehicle."
Officers were dispatched to the TD Canada Trust at 321 Iroquois Shore Rd., just north of the QEW at Trafalgar Rd. at 3:37 p.m.
The man entered the bank and passed a note to the teller.
No weapons were involved, said Davies, although the man said he was armed.
The suspect fled on foot with an undisclosed amount of cash.
The man was spotted getting into a four-door sedan - possibly burgundy - near the Artisano Bakery Cafe.
The suspect is white, 20-to-30-years-old, standing 5-foot-11, with an average build.
He was wearing a grey hooded sweatshirt, light blue jeans, black shoes, a black baseball hat with the word ‘Imperial’ written in white, black sunglasses, and white gloves.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Oakville criminal investigations bureau at 905-825 4747 ext. 2216 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477.
Photos courtesy of Halton Regional Police
- All Burlington parks closed to vehicular access in response to COVID-19
- LATEST: Ontario up to 3,630 confirmed cases, with 131 in Halton
- Province issues another emergency alert in response to COVID-19
- Ontario reports over 450 new COVID-19 cases, 100 cases confirmed in Halton
- Ontario extends business closures amid COVID-19 crisis