UPDATED: Suspect Sought in Oakville Bank Robbery
A suspect is on the run following a bank robbery in Oakville on Saturday afternoon.
He was seen going “towards Town Hall,” said Halton Police Staff Sgt. Paul Davies.
The suspect “apparently got into a vehicle nearby and left in the vehicle.”
Officers were dispatched to the TD Canada Trust at 321 Iroquois Shore Rd., just north of the QEW at Trafalgar Rd. at 3:37 p.m.
The man entered the bank and passed a note to the teller.
No weapons were involved, said Davies, although the man said he was armed.
The suspect fled on foot with an undisclosed amount of cash.
The man was spotted getting into a four-door sedan - possibly burgundy - near the Artisano Bakery Cafe.
The suspect is white, 20-to-30-years-old, standing 5-foot-11, with an average build.
He was wearing a grey hooded sweatshirt, light blue jeans, black shoes, a black baseball hat with the word ‘Imperial’ written in white, black sunglasses, and white gloves.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Oakville criminal investigations bureau at 905-825 4747 ext. 2216 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477.
Photos courtesy of Halton Regional Police
- UPDATE: Police Release New Photos of Suspect Following Hate Crimes in Burlington
- Here’s Why Some Burlington Residents Can Now be Fined Up to $100K
- Desperation for Rentals Reaches Fever Pitch in Halton
- Top 5 Date Night Restaurants in Burlington
- Toronto Raptors Put Out Incredible Video Tribute for the Fans