Suspects Switched Seats in Burlington Drunk Driving Crash: Police
A pair of Hamilton friends are facing drunk driving charges for allegedly getting into a crash in Burlington then fleeing.
The incident took place on Jan. 28 at 3:25 p.m.
That’s when a 23-year-old man was operating a Honda Prelude.
His buddy, 26, was the passenger.
The Honda was leaving a parking lot at 2084 Old Lakeshore Rd. when it failed to yield, colliding with a passing Ford Edge as it travelled along Old Lakeshore.
The men immediately got out and switched seats in the Prelude, Halton police allege.
When the Prelude reversed a short distance, it almost hit pedestrians standing behind the car.
The suspects parked the vehicle and walked away, police say.
Both men were arrested nearby and taken to hospital for minor injuries from the crash.
Paramedics also treated the 55-year-old woman driving the SUV for minor injuries before taking her to hospital.
Corey Jorden Jeffrey, 23, and Charles Small, 26, are charged with impaired operation of a motor vehicle, operation of a motor vehicle with a blood alcohol concentration over .80, and fail to remain at the scene of a motor vehicle collision.
They’re scheduled to appear in Milton court on Feb. 21.
Anyone with information regarding this incident asked to contact Const.Andrew Lindsay at 905-825-4747 ext. 2305. Tips can also be submitted to Crime Stoppers “See something, Hear something, Say something” at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS), through the web at www.haltoncrimestoppers.ca, or by texting “Tip201” with your message to 274637 (crimes).
- Oakville-Based Children’s Health Facility Gives Layoff Notices to Close to 300 Employees
- UPDATE: Police Release New Photos of Suspect Following Hate Crimes in Burlington
- Two Suspects Sought Following Distraction Theft Incident in Burlington
- Here’s Why Some Burlington Residents Can Now be Fined Up to $100K
- 5 Places Where You Can Take Amazing Instagram Selfies Near Halton
- Suspect Facing Charges After Driving Vehicle Onto a Milton Golf Course
- Oakville Suspect Arrested After Driver Flees Police in Stolen Vehicle
- Driver Who Allegedly Fled Scene Charged in Halton Crash
- Police Investigating Motor Vehicle Collision in Burlington
- Milton Man Accused of Dangerous Driving After Police Pursuit