These Burlington-Based Companies Were Recognized as Top Employers for 2019
Many good things have come out of Burlington: restaurants, shopping, fun events to go to and partake in, and, more recently, noteworthy jobs.
The winners of the Hamilton-Niagara Top Employers competition were recently announced by the editors of the Canada’s Top 100 Employers project.
In this competition, five Burlington-based companies made the list of top employers for 2019.
The five companies that were recognized are Boehringer Ingelheim (Canada) Ltd., Burlington Hydro Inc., IKEA Canada Limited Partnership, Joseph Brant Hospital, and Sodexo Canada Ltd.
One initiative that was highlighted by editors included Sodexo Canada Ltd.'s efforts to help employees who want to take part in community projects that help fight hunger and poverty. The company offered its employees paid time off to volunteer as well as matching their charitable donations.
“There is strong employment growth in the Hamilton-Niagara area,” Richard Yerema, Managing Editor of the Canada’s Top 100 Employers project, said in a recent press release.
“Employers are responding by ensuring that their benefits and working conditions are competitive with what the best organizations in the wider region are offering.”
In this competition, employers are evaluated by the editors at Canada’s Top 100 Employers using the following criteria: physical workplace, work atmosphere and social, health, financial and family benefits, vacation and time off, employee communications, performance management, training and skills development, and community involvement.
The criteria outlined is the same as the national competition.
The annual competition is open to any employer with its head office located in the Hamilton-Niagara area. Employers of any size can apply, regardless of being in the private or public sector.
The full list of the Hamilton-Niagara Top Employers for 2019 can be seen below.
ArcelorMittal Dofasco G.P., Hamilton
Boehringer Ingelheim (Canada) Ltd., Burlington
Burlington Hydro Inc., Burlington
Hamilton, City of
IKEA Canada Limited Partnership, Burlington
Joseph Brant Hospital, Burlington
McMaster University, Hamilton
Mohawk College, Hamilton
Niagara Casinos, Niagara Falls
Niagara Health, St Catharines
Sodexo Canada Ltd., Burlington
St. Joseph’s Healthcare, Hamilton
Stryker Canada Inc., Dundas
Tim Horton Children’s Foundation, Inc., St. George
- Half-million dollars stolen from City of Burlington in email scam
- Oakville man arrested in connection to 2013 sexual assault case: Police
- Burlington Transit collecting bus fare again, adding services
- At least 2 more vehicles impounded in Halton Police speed blitz
- Jobs promised in Milton through new defence contract
- Halton-Based Companies Make Prestigious Best Employers List in Canada
- This Burlington Company is One of the Country’s Most Diverse Employers
- Did Your Company Make the List of Canada's Top 100 Employers?
- Halton-Based Companies Among Canada's Top Employers for Young People
- These are the most family-friendly employers in Canada