These Burlington Lifeguards Were Recognized for Something Heroic
Burlington lifeguards are being recognized after responding to a near drowning at a Burlington pool.
The Burlington Fire Department recognized the aquatic staff that responded to a near drowning incident that occurred at Tansley Woods Pool in September.
The recognition event took place on Monday, Nov. 19.
“It is an honour to recognize the Tansley Woods lifeguards for their excellent team work and lifesaving skills," Fire Chief David Lazenby said in a recent press release.
"They are heroes and we are proud to serve our community alongside them.”
The swimmer was without vital signs when the lifeguards pulled him from the water. They performed lifesaving efforts until emergency services arrived and could take over.
“Starting my career in Parks and Recreation as a lifeguard, I have an inside appreciation for the training and dedication it takes to be ready for an emergency," Chris Glenn, Director of Parks and Recreation, said in a recent press release.
"I am proud of the teamwork and skills these seven lifeguards demonstrated in saving Mr. Breedveld’s life and commend them for their quick thinking and calm actions.”
The seven lifeguards that were recognized included: Stephanie Armstrong, Diane Selman, Kevin Dawley, Stephanie Judd, Chantelle Andree, Julia Watson, and Meagan Laking.
They were presented with certificates from the Burlington Fire Department, the Burlington Parks and Recreation Department, and the Lifesaving Society.
Photos are courtesy of the City of Burlington.
- UPDATE: Deceased identified as 22-year-old woman from Burlington
- Police investigating dead body found in Burlington
- Canadian government warning residents to beware of convincing new SIN scam
- More snow coming to Oakville, Burlington, and Milton this weekend
- Police conducting investigation in Burlington
- Burlington Celebrating the Re-Opening of Tansley Woods Indoor Play-Space
- Here’s Why This 14-Year-Old Was Recently Recognized by the Milton Fire Department
- This Halton Hills Incident Prompted a Fire Department Safety Reminder
- Burlington looking for feedback related to funding for recreation
- Burlington Fire Department Responds to Car Fire at Police Station