These Driving Fees Won't be Increasing This Year in Halton
There has been another update in the ongoing process of increasing driving fees across Ontario.
The provincial government is planning to implement a new five-year plan that it says will bring “stability to any driver, vehicle and commercial fee increases in the future.”
The province says key driver, vehicle and commercial fees will not increase until July 1, 2020. This is the third round of driver and vehicle fee increases that have been cancelled by the government. A modest two per cent increase to remaining fees will take effect on July 12, 2019.
“Our government is implementing minimal and consistent fee increases that provide certainty for businesses and keeps more money in taxpayer pockets,” said Caroline Mulroney, the Minister of Transportation. “We are committed to reducing burdens on Ontarians while maintaining fiscal responsibility and making sure our roads remain safe.”
Fees that will not increase this year include:
- Driver’s licence renewals
- Driver’s licence applications
- Vehicle plate, permit and validation fees
“Freezing most fees is a positive move by the Ford government that will help save Ontarians money,” said Aaron Wudrick, the Federal Director of the Canadian Taxpayers Federation. “Moving forward, we would be pleased to work with the government to continue to find further efficiencies.”
Money generated from fees helps to support improvements to roads, bridges and highways across Ontario.
- Exciting Christmas Events are Coming to a Huge Entertainment Facility in Milton
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Pair lauded for efforts to thwart 'porch pirates'
- Exciting Shop The Food District Holiday Concept Open at Square One
- Three suspects flee bank robbery in Georgetown
- Report finds employed Ontarians can't afford to eat
- The Ford Government Proposes to Increase Driver Fees Year After Freezing Them
- These Driver and Vehicle Fees are no Longer Being Increased for Halton Residents
- Ontario Government Planning to Cut Tuition Fees in Halton
- Ontario is Freezing These Fees for Drivers
- Two Big Airlines Increasing Luggage Check Fees