This Halton Elementary School Recently Placed in a Provincial Contest
A Halton elementary school recently placed in an exciting contest.
The annual Ontario Catholic School Trustees’ Association (OCSTA) short-video contest.
This contest provides Ontario catholic school students with an opportunity to celebrate the school system’s faith-based approach to education.
This approach, according to a recent press release, “Is rooted in a perspective that honours the dignity of every person and recognizes the shared responsibility for each other, all people share as Stewards of Creation.”
The OCSTA announced the winners of this provincial student contest in mid-January of this year.
The elementary school winners are as follows.
Iona Academy Catholic School, CDSB of Eastern Ontario came in first place, St. George Catholic Elementary School, Niagara CDSB came in second place, and St. Marguerite d’Youville Catholic Elementary School (Oakville), Halton CDSB came in third place.
The St. Marguerite d’Youville Catholic Elementary School video can be seen below.
“In our Catholic schools, students are taught that to serve others in the community who are in need is to live according to Gospel values that make our world a better place for everyone,” Beverley Eckensweiler, OCSTA President and Chair of the Bruce Grey Catholic District School Board, said in the release.
“Students feel compelled to act when they see people in need and instances in their communities where their own unique gifts can be put to good use. Our excellent teachers and staff in Catholic schools help to guide students in developing their talents and potential, and this year’s student short video contest really helped to highlight that attribute of our system.”
The secondary school winners are as follows.
Immaculata High School, Ottawa CSB came in first place, Marymount Academy, Sudbury CDSB came in second place, and Cathedral High School, Hamilton-Wentworth CDSB and Notre Dame College School, Niagara CDSB tied for third place.
To view the all winning entries, visit: http://www.togetherinfaith.ca/winners_2018_short_video_contest
- Police Looking for Owner of Dog Believed to be Hit by Car in Burlington
- Severe Thunderstorm Warning Currently in Effect for Halton
- Desperation for Rentals Reaches Fever Pitch in Halton
- UPDATE: Oakville Regional and Town Councillor Refuses to Step Down After In-Laws Charged by OPP
- Police Searching for Suspect Wanted on Warrants for Assault and Failing to Attend Court
- A Big Change is Coming to the Halton Catholic District School Board
- Construction Has Started for This New Oakville School Building
- Halton's Catholic School Board is Under Fire for Cutting Off Charities Over 'Values'
- A New Elementary School is Coming to the Town of Oakville
- Oakville School Closing Down After Nearly 50 Years