This Major Road Closure Will Last Even Longer in Oakville
A large sinkhole is still causing headaches for drivers in Oakville.
It happened in late July.
The significant sinkhole prompted the closure of Cross Ave. between Cornmall Rd. and Lyon’s Lane.
And the closure is now anticipated to last, in both directions, until Sept. 7.
It will be followed by partial lane restrictions for two weeks — one lane will be open in each direction.
The detour route will be along Speers Road, Cornwall Road and Cross Avenue.
The town and Region have worked together on signal timing adjustments along Trafalgar Rd. “and continue to monitor the situation there to determine if additional adjustments are required,” reads information posted online.
Halton police are advising motorists to avoid the area.
Mobile signs are in place in the area to alert road users of the closure and standard road closure and detour signage is in place.
For more information, contact accesshalton [at] halton [dot] ca (Access Halton) at 905-825-6000 or 311.
Photo courtesy of the Town of Oakville
- UPDATE: Police Explosives Disposal Unit on Scene in Oakville
- Popular Clothing Store Gets its First North American Outlet in Halton Hills
- Some Facebook Users are Experiencing Major Difficulties
- Toronto Premium Outlets’ First Full-Service Restaurant Has Arrived
- Collision on the QEW in Oakville Causing Delays