Three Men Injured in Halton Baseball Bat Attack
Two men are in hospital after being attacked with baseball bats in Halton Hills early Wednesday.
The call came in at 12:06 a.m.
Emergency crews were sent to a violent altercation at Winston Churchill Blvd. and Steeles Ave., along the Brampton border.
A number of vehicles were involved in what Halton police are calling a targeted assault.
The suspect vehicles surrounded another vehicle carrying three men.
That’s when a number of males took bats to the trio.
Two of the three men suffered serious head injuries, while the third has minor injuries.
The victims’ ages range from 26 to 30 and they’re all from the Brampton area, say investigators, adding all parties are known to each other.
The attack isn’t random and there’s no threat to public safety, police say.
Winston Churchill Blvd. is closed from Steeles Ave. to 5 Side Road for the investigation.
It’s expected to be in effect for several hours.
Anyone with information is asked to contact acting Det. Dylan Price of the 1 District criminal investigations bureau at 905-825-4747 ext. 2422.
Tips can also be submitted to Crime Stoppers “See something? Hear something? Know something? Contact Crime Stoppers” at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS) or through the web at www.haltoncrimestoppers.ca
- UPDATE: SIU investigating man's fall from balcony in Oakville
- One person injured during interaction with police in Oakville
- Update: Oakville doctor arrested again for sexual assault
- Single-home buyers and condo living on the rise; here's what you need to earn in Hamilton-Burlington
- Former Blue Jays shortstop Tony Fernandez dies