Three People Charged With Theft Following Arrest at Burlington Hotel
Three people are facing charges in connection with an allegedly stolen vehicle.
Halton police say that on Oct. 24 2018, at approximately 12:10 a.m., an officer located an allegedly stolen Infiniti G37X from the Region of Peel in the parking lot of the Knights Inn (517 Plains Rd. E.) in Burlington.
Police say officers identified a room linked to the stolen vehicle and subsequently arrested three people.
Police allege a search of the vehicle resulted in the seizure of property believed to have been stolen from homes and vehicles in the Halton and Peel Regions.
Items recovered reportedly included car keys, identification, cell phones, iPods, change, medication and jewellery.
Police have charged 20-year-old Mississauga woman Catherine Edwards, 30-year-old Mississauga man Jonathan Basta and 24-year-old Hamilton woman Stephanie Moniz with theft-related offences.
All three will appear in court on Nov. 21.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Burlington Criminal Investigations Bureau at 905-825-4747 Ext. 2316.
- A Frightening New Scam is Scaring Halton Residents into Giving Up Private Information
- Halton District School Board Teacher Accused of Misconduct
- Here’s How This Oakville Resident is Changing the Instagram Game
- Peel Police Advising The Public Of On-Going "Emergency Scam"
- Here’s How Hot it’s Going to Feel in Halton This Weekend
- Police Arrest Man in Allegedly Stolen Car in Milton
- Police Arrest Multiple People in Connection with Bicycle Thefts in Burlington
- Man Charged With Multiple Offences After Attempted Vehicle Theft in Halton
- Brothers Arrested After Vehicle Stolen in Oakville
- Stolen Vehicle in Mississauga Located in Oakville