Truck Driver Arrested for Impaired Driving on Highway in Burlington
Officers with Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) have arrested and charged a man with impaired driving.
The incident happened around 7:30 p.m. on Friday, October 19 on the QEW in Burlington.
An off-duty OPP officer witnessed a transport truck driver slam into a concrete wall on the QEW, get off the highway, and slam into a tree, according to OPP Sgt. Kerry Schmidt.
Police stopped the driver and allegedly located cannabis in the vehicle.
Rajiv Dev, a 41 year old Brampton man, was arrested and charged with impaired driving by drug, dangerous driving, and several drug possession offences.
His licence was suspensed and the vehicle was impounded, Schmidt reports.
Dev was released and is set to appear in court at a later date.
- Here’s How Much You Need to Make an Hour to Afford an Apartment in Halton
- Here's Which Roads Are Closed for the Terry Fox Run in Oakville
- Road Closure Due To Serious Collision In Burlington
- House of the Week: $1.2 Mil Milton Home With Exquisite Kitchen
- Top 5 Hottest Restaurants in Oakville, Burlington, and Milton: September 8 – 14
- Halton Hills Transport Truck Driver Accused of Impaired Driving
- Suspect Arrested Following Alleged Impaired Driving in Burlington
- Suspect Charged for Impaired Driving in Milton
- Milton Dad Charged for Impaired Driving Had Child in Car
- Suspect Arrested Following Alleged Impaired Driving Incident in Milton