Two Teens Arrested Regarding Stolen Vehicles in Burlington
Police have made two arrests following an investigation into stolen vehicles in Burlington.
Officers responded to the initial incident around 3:00 a.m. on Sunday, May 27 at 1300 Maple Crossing Boulevard. Police got a complaint regarding a possibly stolen pickup truck that two young males were seen driving and later leaving in the middle of the road.
Police located the pickup truck, which was determined to have been stolen from an address on Hager Avenue in Burlington. A search of the area resulted in one male being located and arrested.
Later, an officer noticed a red Dodge Caravan being driven at high speed on Ghent Avenue.
The male driver refused to comply with a traffic stop, leading to a brief police pursuit which was discontinued as the fleeing vehicle’s driving posed a risk to public safety.
A short while later, the vehicle was found abandoned on Hager Avenue. It was determined to have been stolen from 1300 Maple Crossing Boulevard.
While the initial search for the suspect was unsuccessful, he was eventually identified, located and arrested later in the day.
Two 15 year old males Burlington males are charged with property obtained by crime over $5000. The second male is additionally charged with dangerous operation of a motor vehicle and flight while pursued by peace officer.
Both suspects are set to appear at Milton Youth Court on Thursday, June 21.
Anyone with further information related to this investigation can contact police at 905-825-4747, ext. 2385.
- Burlington man charged with trafficking crack cocaine
- Unpopular Opinion: 'Free speech' is not a thing and good riddance to 'Grapes'
- Here's what you need to earn to 'live' in Halton
- Don Cherry appears on Fox News to speak out against his firing
- Canada Post urging Halton customers to reset their passwords
- Young Teens Charged After SUV Stolen in Burlington
- Three Suspects Arrested in Burlington in Relation to Stolen Property
- Oakville Suspect Arrested After Driver Flees Police in Stolen Vehicle
- Police Looking to ID Alleged Car Thief After Officer Injured in Stolen Vehicle Collision in Burlington
- Two Youths Arrested After Allegedly Fleeing From Police in Burlington