Two Youths Arrested Following Convenience Store Robbery in Burlington
Two youths have been arrested following a convenience story robbery in Burlington.
On Dec. 3, according to police, the Hasty Market Convenience store located at 4265 Thomas Alton Blvd. was robbed.
Shortly after 7:30 p.m., two males entered the store and ordered an employee and customer to move aside while they stole a quantity of vaping products from behind the counter, according to police.
Police say, one of the suspects was armed with a knife
The suspects, according to police, then fled the store on foot and were last seen running northbound through the parking lot.
Police searched the area and located one of the males who had stolen property from the robbery in his possession.
Following a further investigation, the second male was identified and has been arrested.
According to police, two youths aged 15 and 17, who cannot be identified because of their age, have been charged with alleged robbery and wearing a disguise during the commission of an offence.
One of the youths, police say, was also charged alleged with possession of property obtained by crime.
One was held for a bail hearing while the other was released on a promise to appear in Milton youth court on Jan. 3, 2019, according to police.
Anyone with information regarding this incident is asked to contact Detective Constable Gina Brunelle of the Burlington Criminal Investigations Bureau at 905-825-4747 ext. 2364.
Tips can also be submitted to Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS) or through the web at www.haltoncrimestoppers.ca.
- Police Warning Residents of Suspicious Person in Milton
- Federal Government Warning Women Not to Travel to these Vacation Destinations
- Popular Store Opens First Outlet in Canada at Toronto Premium Outlets
- UPDATE: One Male Arrested For Attempted Child Abduction in Oakville
- Halton Residents Warned of Gas Scam by Police
- Two Milton Men Arrested Following an Alleged Armed Robbery
- Two Youths Arrested After Allegedly Fleeing From Police in Burlington
- UPDATE: Halton Police Arrest 15-Year-Old Hamilton Youth Following Burlington Robbery
- Five Georgetown Youths Facing Charges in Street Robbery
- One Injured in Milton Convenience Store Robbery