UPDATE: Suspicious Male in Campbellville Area Identified
According to Halton Police, a suspicious male in the Campbellville area in Milton has been identified.
An investigation regarding a suspicious incident at a rural Milton home in the Campbellville area has resulted in several criminal charges.
According to police, on Dec. 11, 2018 just before 1 p.m. a male suspect went to a home on Twiss Road in Milton, rang the doorbell, and spoke with the homeowner through their ring camera.
The suspect asked the homeowner for directions and left a short time later driving across the lawn of the property in a white GMC pickup truck.
It was later revealed that the vehicle had been stolen from the Fergus area between Dec. 7 and Dec. 9.
The same suspect, according to police, was involved in a shoplifting that occurred on the morning of Dec. 11.
Police say that just before noon the suspect entered an optical store on Steeles Avenue and removed ten pairs of sunglasses worth over $4,000 from a display and ran out the front door.
The suspect threatened to run over a store employee if they followed and fled in the same white GMC pickup truck.
On Dec. 14 the suspect was arrested in Waterloo following an unrelated investigation.
He has been remanded into custody and faces several charges for the Milton incidents.
The stolen GMC pickup truck, police say, has been recovered.
Grant Calvin Croucher (32) from Waterloo, is facing the following alleged charges: theft under $5,000, uttering threats, possession of stolen property, drive disqualified, and three counts of fail to comply with probation.
- Here’s How Much You Need to Make an Hour to Afford an Apartment in Halton
- Police Investigating After Altercation Leads to Stabbing in Oakville
- GoFundMe Page Set Up for Victim of Fatal Shooting in Burlington
- UPDATE: 91 Year Old Man Dead, Investigation Continuing in Oakville
- UPDATE: Death of Elderly Man in Oakville Deemed Suspicious
- Suspect Arrested After Fleeing from Stolen Car in Halton Hills
- Halton Police in Search of a Male Suspect Following an Alleged Walmart Shoplifting Incident
- Police Warning Residents of Suspicious Person in Milton
- One Male in Custody Following Vehicle Crime Spree Throughout Halton
- Suspect Arrested After More Than $20K Worth of Laptops Stolen in Oakville