UPDATE: Two Deceased Adults Located in Submerged Vehicle in Burlington
Halton Police have confirmed that two deceased adults were located in a submerged vehicle in Burlington
At 8:01 p.m. yesterday (July 2), the Halton Police received reports that a vehicle had driven into Lake Ontario from LaSalle Park in Burlington.
According to police, initial information was received that there were several occupants trapped inside the vehicle that was described as a navy blue sedan.
Efforts by witnesses, police, the Burlington Fire Department, and Halton Paramedics were unsuccessful in rescuing the trapped occupants from the fully submerged vehicle.
Police divers of the Peel Regional Police Service and Toronto Police Service went to the scene and assisted with the recovery efforts.
Police say the vehicle was extracted from the lake by divers and a heavy tow service.
However, two adults were located deceased in the vehicle, a 55-year-old-male and a 51-year-old female from Burlington.
The Collision Reconstruction Unit has taken carriage of the investigation, and any witnesses who have not yet spoken with police are asked to call the Collision Reconstruction Unit at 905-825-4747 ext. 5065.
- Police Investigating After Deceased Woman Located in Vehicle in Burlington
- UPDATE: Foul Play Not Suspected Following Double Fatality in Burlington
- Multiple People Trapped in Submerged Vehicle in Burlington
- Two Possible Fatalities After Vehicle Found in Lake in Burlington
- Halton Police Arrest One Suspect Following Vehicle Crashing into Lake Ontario