UPDATE: Young Child Struck by Vehicle, Seriously Injured in Burlington
Police are appealing for witnesses regarding a collision that injured a cyclist in Burlington.
The incident took place at approximately 6:25 p.m. on Saturday (March 17). An 11-year-old girl was riding a bicycle on Dundas Street east of Sutton Drive when she was struck by a minivan, police report.
The girl sustained life-threatening injuries. Paramedics transported her to McMaster Children’s Hospital in Hamilton where she remains in critical condition.
Halton Police’s Collision Reconstruction Unit (CRU), which deals with collisions involving life-threatening injuries or death, has taken over the investigation.
Anyone who witnessed the collision or has any information that could help the investigation is asked to contact the CRU at 905-825-4747, ext. 5065.
- UPDATE: Police Release New Photos of Suspect Following Hate Crimes in Burlington
- Two Suspects Sought Following Distraction Theft Incident in Burlington
- Here’s Why Some Burlington Residents Can Now be Fined Up to $100K
- 5 Places Where You Can Take Amazing Instagram Selfies Near Halton
- Police Chase Oakville Man Who Allegedly Shot Vehicles with Pellet Gun