VIDEO: Planes clip each other at Pearson Airport
The last days of 2019 were somewhat eventful at Pearson Airport in Mississauga, as video has emerged of two planes clipping one another.
Tom Podolec, a CTV News journalist, tweeted out a video of the incident on Dec. 30, 2019.
INCIDENT while being towed, an Air Canada Boeing 777-300 (C-FIUL) clipped the tail of a parked Air Canada Airbus A321 (C-GJWO) in Toronto on Friday Dec 27. Both aircraft were unoccupied at the time. pic.twitter.com/43RjBqyaRa— Tom Podolec Aviation (@TomPodolec) December 31, 2019
Podolec said that while it was being towed, an Air Canada Boeing 777-300 (C-FIUL) clipped the tail of a parked Air Canada Airbus A321 (C-GJWO).
The incident occurred on Friday, Dec. 27.
Podolec said both aircraft were unoccupied at the time.
You can see damage to the wing, courtesy of a tweet posted by Aeronews Global, below.
The tail of Air Canada's Airbus A321 (C-GJWO) damaged by the wing of a company 777-300ER (C-FIUL) while the 777 was being towed at Toronto Pearson airport. Photos from a friend. Video of the incident: https://t.co/ZDeaSKtoIC @TomPodolec @flightradar24 @JacdecNew @AviationSafety pic.twitter.com/zjzQX48b9U— Aeronews (@AeronewsGlobal) December 31, 2019
- What's Open and Closed Family Day in Oakville, Burlington, and Milton
- Pier 1 files for bankruptcy protection, closing all Canadian stores
- UPDATE: SIU investigating man's fall from balcony in Oakville
- Update: Oakville doctor arrested again for sexual assault
- House of the Week: Living in luxury in rural Halton Hills
- VIDEO: Plane Crashes Into Pole at Pearson Airport
- Passengers Evacuated After Planes Collide at Pearson Airport
- People Evacuated at Pearson Airport After Fuel Truck Hits Airplane
- VIDEO: Something Special--and Adorable--is Coming to Pearson Airport
- Here's Why This Air Canada Plane Slid Off the Runway at Pearson