WALK THRU + TRY: New gnocchi dish at Capra’s Kitchen
Capra’s Kitchen, which has fundamentally changed the food scene in Mississauga, is known for providing local foodies with incredible Italian fare.
In 2017, celebrity chef (and Mississauga resident) Chef Massimo Capra and his signature ‘stache and big personality made a splash in the city with the opening of Capra’s Kitchen at 1834 Lakeshore Rd. W. in the Clarkson neighbourhood.
The restaurant quickly attracted a loyal following, and it’s keeping things interesting by constantly introducing new dishes and cocktails. One new menu item that diners won’t want to miss? The delicious handmade gnocchi.
For those who are unaware, gnocchi is a type of pasta dish consisting of thick, small, and soft dough dumplings that are typically made from potato. The bite-sized dumplings may also be made from semolina, ordinary wheat flour, egg, cheese, breadcrumbs, cornmeal or something similar.
At Capra’s Kitchen, the potatoes are roasted, peeled and mashed and blended with other ingredients, such as nutmeg, cheese, and eggs. The dumplings can be paired with almost any sauce, such as a rich and creamy tomato-based sauce or a decadent bleu cheese-based sauce such as gorgonzola.
So if you’re in the mood for an incredible pasta dish, you might want to stop into Capra’s Kitchen soon.
- Significant snow in the forecast for Halton
- 3 suspects wanted after attempted robbery and shooting in Milton: Halton Police
- What are the key issues in the Ontario teachers’ disputes with the province?
- Burlington mayor issues statement after concerns raised around Millcroft Golf Course
- Halton man wins Lotto Max Encore after buying ticket in Burlington