WALK THRU + TRY: New gnocchi dish at Capra’s Kitchen
Capra’s Kitchen, which has fundamentally changed the food scene in Mississauga, is known for providing local foodies with incredible Italian fare.
In 2017, celebrity chef (and Mississauga resident) Chef Massimo Capra and his signature ‘stache and big personality made a splash in the city with the opening of Capra’s Kitchen at 1834 Lakeshore Rd. W. in the Clarkson neighbourhood.
The restaurant quickly attracted a loyal following, and it’s keeping things interesting by constantly introducing new dishes and cocktails. One new menu item that diners won’t want to miss? The delicious handmade gnocchi.
For those who are unaware, gnocchi is a type of pasta dish consisting of thick, small, and soft dough dumplings that are typically made from potato. The bite-sized dumplings may also be made from semolina, ordinary wheat flour, egg, cheese, breadcrumbs, cornmeal or something similar.
At Capra’s Kitchen, the potatoes are roasted, peeled and mashed and blended with other ingredients, such as nutmeg, cheese, and eggs. The dumplings can be paired with almost any sauce, such as a rich and creamy tomato-based sauce or a decadent bleu cheese-based sauce such as gorgonzola.
So if you’re in the mood for an incredible pasta dish, you might want to stop into Capra’s Kitchen soon.
- Ontario extends business closures amid COVID-19 crisis
- Ontario reports over 450 new COVID-19 cases, 100 cases confirmed in Halton
- Halton police ramp up COVID-19 compliance enforcement with new powers
- Internet providers explain why they’ve hiked prices amid an economic downturn
- Ontario set to release data on how many could die of COVID-19