Winter weather to impact morning commute in Halton
A winter weather travel advisory is in effect overnight leading into Tuesday morning.
“A band of snow will move through Southern Ontario beginning near midnight,” Environment Canada reports.
“Snow will continue overnight with total amounts of 4 to 8 cm expected by early Tuesday morning. Brief freezing rain is possible overnight.”
Residents should expect their Tuesday morning commute to be affected, as the accumulating snow and low visibility may lead to poor driving conditions. Motorists are advised to allow extra time to reach their destination.
The snow is expected to transition to rain or drizzle Tuesday morning as a warm front moves through and temperatures rise above the zero degree mark.
- Police are searching for a missing 10-year-old girl from Oakville
- Thousands take to Burlington streets to march against racism
- Streets closing for march against anti-Black racism in Burlington
- Burlington City Council votes to modify parks and beach operations amid COVID-19
- Looming cold front will bring an end to scorching hot temperatures in Halton