Witnesses Sought After School Bus and Van Collide in Milton
Witnesses are being asked to come forward after a school bus and minivan collided in Milton, sending a Mississauga woman to hospital on Monday.
The crash took place near Sixth Line south of Lower Base Line at 3:45 p.m.
That’s near Piper’s Heath Golf Club.
There were no passengers on the school bus, say Halton police.
The bus, driven by a 58-year-old Waterdown man, was heading southbound on Sixth Line.
A Honda Odyssey, driven by a 36-year-old Mississauga woman, was northbound.
The minivan crossed the centre line and struck the school bus head-on, say investigators from the collision reconstruction unit.
The woman was transported to hospital with serious injuries.
She’s listed in stable condition.
The driver of the school bus wasn’t injured.
Any witnesses who haven’t yet spoken to police are asked to call the collision reconstruction unit at 905-825-4747 ext. 5065.
- One city moves to eliminate bus fare; could Burlington, Milton, and Oakville do the same?
- Life-saving measures performed after residents call 911 on impaired driver in Oakville
- 5 Things You Didn't Know About Woodbine Mohawk Park in Milton
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Crazy footage serves as chilling reminder to drivers
- PICK A SIDE: Is there a war on Christmas?