Woman Charged After Three Halton Police Officers Assaulted
A 34-year-old woman is facing six charges after allegedly assaulting three police officers in Halton Hills.
Halton police were sent to the Georgetown Marketplace on July 25 for a complaint of a woman attempting to enter vehicles.
The woman “became violent and assaulted three officers as they attempted to arrest her,” say Halton police.
“She also refused to identify herself to police when requested to do so.”
The woman’s disruptive behaviour continued while being transported to the station and police allege she also damaged a cruiser she was riding in.
The suspect continued to refuse to identify herself after arriving at the police station.
Ivonne McKee, of no fixed address, is charged with three counts of assaulting a peace officer, resisting arrest, mischief under $5,000, and obstructing police.
McKee is scheduled to appear in court today for a bail hearing.
- Halton Police Searching For Missing Three-Year-Old Boy In Milton
- Halton Police Investigating Robbery at Convenience Store in Burlington
- Car Fire Breaks out in Tim Hortons Drive-Thru in Burlington
- Halton Police Charge Suspect In Connection To Major Robbery In Burlington
- Jagmeet Singh Comments On Justin Trudeau's Picture Wearing Brownface
- Woman Charged with Trespassing and Resisting Arrest in Oakville
- Police ID Woman Accused of Assaulting Child in Oakville Grocery Store
- Suspect Charged After Woman Randomly Assaulted in Burlington
- Police Searching for Suspect After Woman Assaulted in Burlington
- Milton Man Allegedly Carrying Shotgun Charged with Assaulting Police Officer