Woman Charged After Three Halton Police Officers Assaulted
A 34-year-old woman is facing six charges after allegedly assaulting three police officers in Halton Hills.
Halton police were sent to the Georgetown Marketplace on July 25 for a complaint of a woman attempting to enter vehicles.
The woman “became violent and assaulted three officers as they attempted to arrest her,” say Halton police.
“She also refused to identify herself to police when requested to do so.”
The woman’s disruptive behaviour continued while being transported to the station and police allege she also damaged a cruiser she was riding in.
The suspect continued to refuse to identify herself after arriving at the police station.
Ivonne McKee, of no fixed address, is charged with three counts of assaulting a peace officer, resisting arrest, mischief under $5,000, and obstructing police.
McKee is scheduled to appear in court today for a bail hearing.
- Oakville-Based Children’s Health Facility Gives Layoff Notices to Close to 300 Employees
- Police Searching For Missing Man Last Seen in Oakville
- UPDATE: Police Release New Photos of Suspect Following Hate Crimes in Burlington
- UPDATE: Police Searching For Two Suspects Following Distraction Theft Incident in Burlington
- Police Investigating Industrial Incident in Oakville
- Woman Charged with Trespassing and Resisting Arrest in Oakville
- Police ID Woman Accused of Assaulting Child in Oakville Grocery Store
- Suspect Charged After Woman Randomly Assaulted in Burlington
- Police Searching for Suspect After Woman Assaulted in Burlington
- Police Searching for Missing Elderly Woman from Milton