Woman Charged After Three Halton Police Officers Assaulted
A 34-year-old woman is facing six charges after allegedly assaulting three police officers in Halton Hills.
Halton police were sent to the Georgetown Marketplace on July 25 for a complaint of a woman attempting to enter vehicles.
The woman “became violent and assaulted three officers as they attempted to arrest her,” say Halton police.
“She also refused to identify herself to police when requested to do so.”
The woman’s disruptive behaviour continued while being transported to the station and police allege she also damaged a cruiser she was riding in.
The suspect continued to refuse to identify herself after arriving at the police station.
Ivonne McKee, of no fixed address, is charged with three counts of assaulting a peace officer, resisting arrest, mischief under $5,000, and obstructing police.
McKee is scheduled to appear in court today for a bail hearing.
- Police Warning Residents of Suspicious Person in Milton
- Police Warning of Bomb Threats in Halton
- Federal Government Warning Women Not to Travel to these Vacation Destinations
- Popular Store Opens First Outlet in Canada at Toronto Premium Outlets
- UPDATE: One Male Arrested For Attempted Child Abduction in Oakville