Woman charged with trafficking fentanyl in Milton courthouse
Halton Police laid charges on a 34-year-old woman from London after she allegedly supplied another woman with fentanyl while inside a Milton courthouse jail cell.
Police say on Nov. 4 they were alerted of a woman in custody in medical distress.
“Officers responded and initiated life-saving measures, which include administering three doses of naloxone,” said Halton Regional Police in the media release. “Fortunately, the woman regained vital signs and was transported by paramedics to a local hospital where she later recovered”.
Police say the incident triggered an investigation, which determined that the woman received the substance from her cellmate, Krystle Dickson, who is facing charges of possession of property obtained by crime, possession of a controlled substance, and failure to comply with conditions of undertaking.
Police said Dickson was kept in custody pending a bail hearing.
“Officers determined that Dickson had concealed the suspected fentanyl on her person prior to being arrested,” added police. “After carefully reviewing all evidence, including video footage, the Halton Regional Police Service formed reasonable grounds to believe Dickson trafficked the substance to the victim, which resulted in her overdose.
Dickson has since been charged with an additional count of trafficking a controlled substance.
- Woman Charged After Three Halton Police Officers Assaulted
- Burlington facing several possession charges, including fentanyl and meth
- Two Suspects Facing Charges in Relation to Massive Drug Trafficking Incident
- Woman Charged with Trespassing and Resisting Arrest in Oakville
- Man charged after allegedly calling woman 200 times in one day: Halton Police