Woman's vehicle stolen after she was rear-ended: Halton Police
Halton Regional Police are investigating an incident in Oakville that occurred Thursday (June 25).
Police said a 2014 Land Rover was stolen from a woman at around 7:47 p.m. in the area of Wheat Boom Dr and Post Rd.
The victim’s vehicle was stopped at a four-way intersection, according to police, who said a white vehicle (possibly an SUV) rear-ended the woman’s vehicle “at a low rate of speed”.
“This prompted the victim to exit her vehicle to assess the damage sustained,” said Halton Police. “At the same time, a male exited the driver’s side of the suspect vehicle and engaged the victim in conversation pertaining to the collision.”
Police said a male entered the driver’s side of the woman’s vehicle and drove off in her car while a second occupant of the suspected vehicle drove away.
The victim was not injured and there were no threats or weapons used during this incident, according to police.
Police provided the following safety tips:
- If you believe you were intentionally contacted in a vehicle remain in your car and dial 9-1-1
- If you are involved in a motor vehicle collision and exit the car remove the keys from the ignition
- Be vigilant - report any suspicious activity if you think someone is following you
- Do not attempt to stop the fleeing motor vehicle
Anyone who was travelling in the area and may have dashcam video is encouraged to contact Det. Omar Nadim at the 2 District Criminal Investigations Bureau at 905 825-4747 ext. 2278.
- Halton Police issue warning after 'intentional collisions' from vehicle thieves
- Police Looking to ID Alleged Car Thief After Officer Injured in Stolen Vehicle Collision in Burlington
- Man dead after driving stolen vehicle into Milton pond: Halton Police
- Police Investigating Motor Vehicle Collision in Burlington
- Police Investigating After Deceased Woman Located in Vehicle in Burlington