You Have a Chance to See the Northern Lights in Halton Region and Beyond
If you’re a big fan of gazing at the wonders of the galaxy that occasionally blazen across the night sky, tonight you might get your chance.
According to the U.S Space Weather Prediction Center, they have issued a strong geomagnetic storm watch for late Wednesday and Thursday evenings, which means there’s a good chance to see dancing colours across the starry night sky.
Canada traditionally sits at a comfortable latitude for observing the Northern Lights, and meteorologists are confident that an Aurora Borealis will make its presence known. This means southern Ontario is situated right in that corridor to observe the phenomenon.
For updates on seeing the Northern Lights for the next two nights, you can check the weather prediction center’s 30 minute forecast.
- Two men arrested in connection with hate-motivated incident in Burlington
- Police offering $100,000 reward in 1984 Oakville murder
- Police looking for 27 year old woman last seen in Oakville
- You could be fined up to $100,000 in Burlington if you're not 6-feet apart
- Burlington council votes to eliminate income tax penalties amid COVID-19 outbreak