Young Teens Charged After SUV Stolen in Burlington
Three teens are facing charges after a SUV was stolen in Burlington.
Reports came in on March 2 just before 2 a.m. of a male breaking into cars on Caplan Cres.
That’s near Fairview St. and Walkers Line.
Halton police found a white SUV with a female in the driver’s seat and two males standing beside it.
One male suspect fled on foot after seeing police, while the other male entered the passenger side of the SUV quickly sped away, say investigators.
Police pursued the SUV - which was allegedly stolen from Hamilton - while more officers searched the area for the male who ran away, finding him in the backyard of a home on Montego Cres.
Officers called off the SUV pursuit due to public safety concerns after the vehicle ran a red light at Fairview and Walkers Line.
Moments later, police found the stolen vehicle unoccupied after it hit a tree on Fairview and Inverary Rd.
The canine unit was brought in alongside tactical officers.
Police dog Arrow tracked the suspects to a business on Fairview St. where two youths were located and arrested out back.
All three suspects are minors whose identities are protected under the Youth Criminal Justice Act.
They were held for bail.
A 13-year-old Hamilton girl is charged with: possession of property obtained by crime over $5,000; theft under $5,000; dangerous operation of a motor vehicle; flight while pursued by police; fail to comply with undertaking.
A 13-year-old Brantford boy is charged with: possession of property obtained by crime over $5,000; theft under $5,000; three counts of fail to comply with disposition.
A 16-year-old Hamilton boy is charged with: possession of property obtained by crime over $5,000; theft under $5,000; three counts of fail to comply with recognizance.
Anyone with information regarding this incident asked to contact the Burlington criminal investigations bureau at 905-825-4747 ext. 2316. Tips can also be submitted to Crime Stoppers “See something? Hear something? Know something? Contact Crime Stoppers” at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS) or through the web at www.haltoncrimestoppers.ca
- UPDATE: Police Release New Photos of Suspect Following Hate Crimes in Burlington
- 5 Places Where You Can Take Amazing Instagram Selfies Near Halton
- Here’s Why Some Burlington Residents Can Now be Fined Up to $100K
- Driver Ticketed for Watching Raptors Parade While Driving in Oakville
- GO Transit Anticipates Packed Trains this Evening Following Raptors Parade
- Three Suspects Arrested in Burlington in Relation to Stolen Property
- Teens Charged After Mercedes Stolen in Burlington
- Oakville Suspect Arrested After Driver Flees Police in Stolen Vehicle
- One Male in Custody Following Vehicle Crime Spree Throughout Halton
- Four Teens Charged in Oakville Armed Robbery