Child Assaulted at Oakville Grocery Store
A woman accused of assaulting an eight-year-old girl at an Oakville grocery store is being sought by Halton police.
The incident took place at the No Frills at 125 Cross Ave. on Aug. 8 at 11:10 a.m.
Investigators say a mother was shopping with four children when an unknown woman slapped her daughter.
The unknown woman was confronted by the mother and the suspect “promptly fled” the store, say police.
The suspect is described as white, 70-years-old, with brown shoulder-length hair.
She was wearing a white T-shirt and black pants.
Anyone with information regarding this incident or a similar event is asked to phone Det.-Sgt. Paul Foley with the criminal investigations bureau at 905-825-4747 ext. 2215 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477.
Images courtesy of Halton Regional Police
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: 401 completely closed in both directions due to collision in Milton
- WATCH: Stunt drivers and street racers 'hijack' roads and parking lots; Oakville man charged
- A severe thunderstorm watch is now in effect for Halton
- Police searching for woman last seen in Oakville area
- 446 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 723 total cases found in Halton
- Police ID Woman Accused of Assaulting Child in Oakville Grocery Store
- Police Searching for Suspect Filming Woman in Oakville
- Woman Charged After Three Halton Police Officers Assaulted
- Suspect Sought After Steaks Stolen From Grocery Store in Burlington
- Police Seek Sephora Shoplifting Suspect in Oakville