Get Your Shop On! Midnight Madness Returns to Oakville
Oakville's biggest shopping extravaganza is back as Midnight Madness celebrates 40 years on Friday.
"Midnight Madness has a little bit of everything: sales, fabulous finds, entertainment, delicious food, patios, and the downtown is closed to cars for the evening," according to a Downtown Oakville Facebook post.
This year will see three stages with local bands.
In addition "there are roaming buskers and four performance pitches” positioned throughout the downtown.
The annual event - with live music and plenty of family-friendly activities - attracts an estimated 40,000 to 50,000 people.
If you've never been, here's what you'll need to know.
The event is taking place on July 14 starting at 6 p.m. until midnight. (This is when shopaholics come out to play; there will be great deals that you won't want to miss out on!).
Tons of families will be hitting up the downtown strip to get their shop on ... students, too.
Last year's event featured hula hoops, dunk tanks, bubble soccer, and more.
Enjoy six blocks of fun at your leisure and carpool, bike, or stroll down to Lakshore if you wish!
Click here for detailed information about road closures, shuttle service, etc.
Photo courtesy of Downtown Oakville BIA
- Ontario extends business closures amid COVID-19 crisis
- Ontario reports over 450 new COVID-19 cases, 100 cases confirmed in Halton
- Internet providers explain why they’ve hiked prices amid an economic downturn
- All Burlington parks closed to vehicular access in response to COVID-19
- Halton police ramp up COVID-19 compliance enforcement with new powers