Get Your Shop On! Midnight Madness Returns to Oakville
Oakville’s biggest shopping extravaganza is back as Midnight Madness celebrates 40 years on Friday.
“Midnight Madness has a little bit of everything: sales, fabulous finds, entertainment, delicious food, patios, and the downtown is closed to cars for the evening,” according to a Downtown Oakville Facebook post.
This year will see three stages with local bands.
In addition “there are roaming buskers and four performance pitches” positioned throughout the downtown.
The annual event - with live music and plenty of family-friendly activities - attracts an estimated 40,000 to 50,000 people.
If you’ve never been, here’s what you’ll need to know.
The event is taking place on July 14 starting at 6 p.m. until midnight. (This is when shopaholics come out to play; there will be great deals that you won’t want to miss out on!).
Tons of families will be hitting up the downtown strip to get their shop on … students, too.
Last year’s event featured hula hoops, dunk tanks, bubble soccer, and more.
Enjoy six blocks of fun at your leisure and carpool, bike, or stroll down to Lakshore if you wish!
Click here for detailed information about road closures, shuttle service, etc.
Photo courtesy of Downtown Oakville BIA
- Canadian government warning residents to beware of convincing new SIN scam
- Exciting Event Coming to Massive Entertainment Facility
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Vehicle fire causing highway delays in Oakville
- Hamilton couple charged after police seize drugs, break and enter tools in Burlington
- Here's why Halton residents should vote strategically this election