Major Road Closures in Oakville on Friday
A major street festival is taking place in Oakville on Friday, and it’s pedestrian-friendly, meaning road closures will be in effect.
Here’s the schedule for the Downtown Oakville BIA - Midnight Madness closures taking place on July 14 from 4 p.m. until July 15 at 2 a.m.
The following roadway(s) will be closed temporarily:
- Lakeshore Road East between Navy Street and Allan Street
- Thomas Street between Robinson Street and Church Street
- Dunn Street between Robinson Street and Church Street
- Trafalgar Road between Robinson Street and Church Street
- Reynolds Street between Robinson Street and Church Street
- George Street between Lakeshore Road East and Church Street
The following roads will be designated as the primary detour route during the closure period:
Robinson Street, Church Street, Navy Street, Allan Street.
Keep in mind, a free shuttle service is being offered by Oakville Transit every five minutes between the Oakville GO station and Church/Dunn.
The first bus leaves at 5:30 p.m., with the last one returning at 12:30 a.m.
For bus riders, Route 14 West will detour via Reynolds, Randall, George, Church, Trafalgar, and Rebecca.
(Route 14 East to Oakville GO and Route 17 aren’t affected).
Finally, a free bike corral will be set up on Trafalgar Rd. from 6 p.m. until midnight.
Map courtesy of Halton Regional Police
- UPDATE: Police Release New Photos of Suspect Following Hate Crimes in Burlington
- Here’s Why Some Burlington Residents Can Now be Fined Up to $100K
- Desperation for Rentals Reaches Fever Pitch in Halton
- Top 5 Date Night Restaurants in Burlington
- Toronto Raptors Put Out Incredible Video Tribute for the Fans