Halton Hills Announces Grand Opening of the Town's Third Skatepark
Summer is almost here and that means people will start to spend more and more time outdoors if they haven’t started already. And some residents of Halton Hills may be excited to learn that the construction for the new skatepark at the Gellert Community Park is officially complete, just in time for summer.
The new skatepark, according to a recent press release, was designed by Newline Skatepark incorporating feedback from residents who attended two interactive design workshops earlier this year.
Currently, there are two other skateparks in the town - the Three Musketears Skatepark, and the Mold-Masters Skatepark
“This [the Gellert Skatepark] will be the third skatepark for our town,” Mayor Rick Bonnette said in a statement. “It further demonstrates our commitment to increase the physical activity of people who live in Halton Hills.”
As mentioned, the construction of this skatepark was completed on April 25, 2019, and cost around $770,000. And in order to celebrate, a grand opening will be held at the Gellert Community Park on May 25 from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
At the grand opening, therewill be free food from Chico’s BBQ, free treats from Sugar Rush, skateboard demonstrations from West 49 staff, a number of giveaways and prizes, and the launch of the Community Better Challenge.
Photo is courtesy of the town of Halton Hills.
- Oakville-Based Children’s Health Facility Gives Layoff Notices to Close to 300 Employees
- UPDATE: Police Release New Photos of Suspect Following Hate Crimes in Burlington
- Two Suspects Sought Following Distraction Theft Incident in Burlington
- Here’s Why Some Burlington Residents Can Now be Fined Up to $100K
- 5 Places Where You Can Take Amazing Instagram Selfies Near Halton