Here’s What the Newest Milton Library Branch Will Look Like
Back in December of 2018 inhalton.com reported on the new Sherwood Community Centre and Library that’s coming to the Town of Milton.
This new facility will be located on the corner of Main St. and Tremaine Rd., next to Sherwood District Park.
Besides just a library, a few features that this community centre may include are a twin pad area, an aquatic centre, and older adult activity area (lounge, small kitchen, and activity room), and an active living studio.
Back in December, it was reported that the estimated budget for the whole project is around $50-million.
Now, the Milton Public Library has revealed what their newest branch will look like.
The library, according to a press release, will feature new shelving that will help people find what they are looking for more easily.
“We are all very excited by the new layout and shelving design being incorporated into the new Sherwood branch,” Mark Williams, Chief Librarian, said in the release. “SchoolHouse Products Inc. & Opening the Book, North America have helped to realise our vision for a new approach to public library service.”
Besides just the new shelving, at the new library people will also be able to access a wider range of self-service options such as laptop lending, self-directed printing and access to library materials even when the library is closed - according to the release.
There will also be access to a reading garden.
The new facility is expected to open in the summer of this year.
We will keep you posted if there are any updates.
Photos are courtesy of the Milton Public Library.
- 5 Things You Didn't Know About Woodbine Mohawk Park in Milton
- Major phone scam affecting Halton; residents warned not to call back
- Burlington Redditor learns snowstorm parking bylaw the hard way
- VIDEO: Ron MacLean's speech on the controversy and end of Coach's Corner
- More than two hundred residents affected by power outage in Burlington
- Here’s When the Newest Branch of the Milton Public Library is Opening
- Here’s What We Know About the New Sherwood Community Centre and Library
- Here’s the Latest on the New Sherwood Community Centre Coming to Milton
- Big Changes are Coming to This Branch of The Oakville Public Library
- Big Changes are Coming to the Oakville Public Library’s Glen Abbey Branch