Here’s Why the Milton Public Library Was Recognized Recently
It hasn’t been long since the Milton Public Library (MPL) was last recognized.
Back in March of this year, the library was acknowledged amongst many across North America for the development and success of the Quest Milton app.
However, now the library has been recognized again.
According to a recent press release, the MPL’s Quest Milton app was chosen to receive a 2019 American Library Association (ALA) Presidential Citation for Innovative International Library Projects award.
According to the ALA website, the goal of the Innovative International Library Projects is to highlight innovative contributions to international librarianship.
This recognition is something that, according to Mark Williams, Chief Librarian, the library is proud of.
“To say I was delighted at the news that we would be receiving the 2019 John Iliff Award for innovation from the American Librarian Association would be an understatement,” Williamssaid in a statement. “And today [May 13, 2019], to find out that in addition we are also the recipients of the ALA Presidential Citation for Innovative International Library Projects really is fantastic and something of which we are incredibly proud.”
The Quest Milton app launched in February of last year and is the first of its kind for a Canadian public library.
The development of the app was funded through a provincial grant from the Ministry of Tourism, Culture and Sport. The app uses gaming technologies to engage new users in connecting with the Milton Public Library and its partners.
For more information about the Presidential Citation for Innovative International Library Projects, click here.
- This Burlington Restaurant Was Named One of Canada’s Best Outdoor Dining Restaurants
- Ice Cream Sandwiches and Other Food Products Being Recalled
- These Places are Considered the Most Welcoming in Canada
- This Cookie Dough Café Has Come to Oakville
- Have Your Say on The Best Chicken Wing Flavour in Halton
- Here’s Why the Milton Public Library Was Recently Recognized
- Here’s Why the Burlington Public Library Was Recognized Recently
- Milton Public Library Encouraging Children and Families to Read This Summer
- Here’s How You Can Plant Your Own Garden Courtesy of the Oakville Public Library
- Oakville Public Library Appoints a New CEO