Police Nab Burlington Arson Suspect
A Hamilton man is facing charges in connection with an arson investigation in Burlington.
The suspect was arrested on Feb. 19, exactly two weeks after the incident was reported.
A man went to a home on Bluegrass Lane, near Appleby Line and Upper Middle Rd., on Feb. 5 at 11:45 p.m. and used the fuel to set fire to a parked Ford vehicle in the driveway before fleeing, investigators allege.
The Ford was destroyed in the blaze.
The Burlington Fire Department put out the fire and people inside the home managed to escape without injury.
The man is believed to have run off and left the area in a white full-size pickup truck.
Jordan Terry De Medeiros, 22, is charged with arson, mischief endangering life, possession of incendiary material, and fail to comply with probation.
De Medeiros was held for bail.
Anyone with information regarding this incident is asked to contact Det.-Const. Scott Feddema of the Burlington criminal investigation bureau at 905-825-4747 ext. 2372. Tips can also be submitted to Crime Stoppers “See something? Hear something? Know something? Contact Crime Stoppers” at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS) or through the web at www.haltoncrimestoppers.ca.
File photo courtesy of Halton Regional Police
- Popular Oakville Restaurant Shuts Down Following Kitchen Fire
- Kelly’s Bake Shoppe in Burlington Issues Apology Following Pride Cupcake Scandal
- Oakville Declares a Climate Emergency
- Six Halton Residents Celebrating Big Group Lotto Win
- Driver Facing Charges After Sitting at Green Light in Burlington for Too Long