Toronto Man Charged Again in Human Trafficking Case
A 30-year-old woman is facing charges and her alleged accomplice -a Toronto man- is now being hit with 11 new counts in a Halton human trafficking case.
Two more victims have been identified, say Halton police, since the man’s name was released on April 27. Investigators were initially accusing the Toronto man of exploiting a woman for sexual purposes.
Another arrest has been made in relation to the investigation.
Farah Ayub is charged with procuring to become a prostitute and two counts of advertise sexual services.
Imani Nakpangi is facing 11 additional offences including: two counts of trafficking in persons; procuring to become a prostitute; two counts of advertise sexual services; two counts of receive material benefit from sexual services; two counts of receive material benefit from trafficking in persons; and assault.
Anyone who may have any additional information is asked to contact Det. Dan Ciardullo (905-465-8723) or Det.-Sgt. Anita Laframboise (905-825-8710) of the human trafficking unit.
Tips can also be submitted to Crime Stoppers “See Something? Hear Something? Know Something?” Contact “Crime Stoppers” at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS) or through the web at www.haltoncrimestoppers.ca
- How Much Do You Have to Give Up to Buy a House in Halton?
- 5 Toronto Bars We Wish We Had in Oakville, Burlington, and Milton
- Crash is Causing Traffic Jam on Hwy. 401 in Milton
- Here's How You Can Get an Extremely Cheap Big Mac in Halton This Weekend
- Canada's Wonderland is Building Longest, Fastest, Highest Roller-Coaster for 2019
- Toronto Man Charged in Human Trafficking Case
- GTA Suspects Charged With Sex Assault and Human Trafficking
- Police Nab Human Trafficking Suspects With Ties to Burlington
- Police Looking For Man Wanted in Connection With Violent Assault and Human Trafficking Offences in GTA
- 12 People Charged in Ontario Human Trafficking Sting