Toronto Man Charged Again in Human Trafficking Case
A 30-year-old woman is facing charges and her alleged accomplice -a Toronto man- is now being hit with 11 new counts in a Halton human trafficking case.
Two more victims have been identified, say Halton police, since the man’s name was released on April 27. Investigators were initially accusing the Toronto man of exploiting a woman for sexual purposes.
Another arrest has been made in relation to the investigation.
Farah Ayub is charged with procuring to become a prostitute and two counts of advertise sexual services.
Imani Nakpangi is facing 11 additional offences including: two counts of trafficking in persons; procuring to become a prostitute; two counts of advertise sexual services; two counts of receive material benefit from sexual services; two counts of receive material benefit from trafficking in persons; and assault.
Anyone who may have any additional information is asked to contact Det. Dan Ciardullo (905-465-8723) or Det.-Sgt. Anita Laframboise (905-825-8710) of the human trafficking unit.
Tips can also be submitted to Crime Stoppers “See Something? Hear Something? Know Something?” Contact “Crime Stoppers” at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS) or through the web at www.haltoncrimestoppers.ca
- Huge Snowfall Set to Hit Halton This Weekend
- Halton Paramedics Respond to Multi-Vehicle Collision in Oakville
- Major Road Closed Following Crash in Oakville
- These Are Some of the Strangest Objects Found on the GO Train
- Police Searching for Suspects Following Real Canadian Superstore Incident in Oakville
- Toronto Man Charged in Human Trafficking Case
- GTA Suspects Charged With Sex Assault and Human Trafficking
- Police Nab Human Trafficking Suspects With Ties to Burlington
- Three People Charged in Human Trafficking Investigation Involving Tinder
- Suspects Nabbed in Burlington Human Trafficking Case Involving Child