Toronto Man Charged Again in Human Trafficking Case
A 30-year-old woman is facing charges and her alleged accomplice -a Toronto man- is now being hit with 11 new counts in a Halton human trafficking case.
Two more victims have been identified, say Halton police, since the man’s name was released on April 27. Investigators were initially accusing the Toronto man of exploiting a woman for sexual purposes.
Another arrest has been made in relation to the investigation.
Farah Ayub is charged with procuring to become a prostitute and two counts of advertise sexual services.
Imani Nakpangi is facing 11 additional offences including: two counts of trafficking in persons; procuring to become a prostitute; two counts of advertise sexual services; two counts of receive material benefit from sexual services; two counts of receive material benefit from trafficking in persons; and assault.
Anyone who may have any additional information is asked to contact Det. Dan Ciardullo (905-465-8723) or Det.-Sgt. Anita Laframboise (905-825-8710) of the human trafficking unit.
Tips can also be submitted to Crime Stoppers “See Something? Hear Something? Know Something?” Contact “Crime Stoppers” at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS) or through the web at www.haltoncrimestoppers.ca
- 33-Year-Old Female Driver Charged After Travelling From Milton to Oakville at Insane Speed
- Suspect Charged Following Burlington Shooting
- Victim of Burlington Shooting Identified As EMS Dispatcher
- Here’s What’s Coming to Netflix Canada in September 2019
- All Lanes Blocked on QEW Following Collision in Burlington