UPDATE: Driver Seriously Injured After Driving into Ditch in Oakville
The investigation is ongoing into a single-vehicle collision in Oakville this evening.
Police say at 8:15 p.m., a vehicle travelling on Regional Road 25 left the roadway and travelled into the ditch.
The driver has been taken to Oakville Trafalgar Memorial Hospital with serious injuries.
There were no other occupants in the vehicle.
Halton Police’s Collision Reconstruction Unit is investigating.
Regional Road 25 is expected to remain closed between Lower Base Line and Henderson Road for several hours.
Drivers are asked to avoid the area and take an alternate route.
BRONTE COLLISION DETOUR ROUTE: Southbound traffic from Milton use Brittania to Tremaine to Dundas. Northbound Traffic from Oakville use Dundas to Tremaine To Brittania. The “NO TRUCK ROUTE” will not be enforced throughout the closure ^MRT pic.twitter.com/BpD6Qmwwpe— HRPS Oakville (@HRPSOak) March 23, 2019
- Burlington Declares a Climate Emergency
- Two Suspects Sought Following Cheese Wheel Theft at Fortinos in Burlington
- 18 Restaurants That Will Give You Free Food On Your Birthday Near Halton
- Here’s Exactly Where the New Oakville Elementary School Will be Located
- PHOTOS: Driving Caught Travelling at High Speed on Rural Road in Halton
- Oakville Man Dead After Driving Vehicle into Ditch
- Police Warning of Road Closure Due to Vehicle in Ditch in Milton
- Part of Major Road Closed for Collision Investigation in Milton
- UPDATE: Serious Collision in Milton Leaves One Oakville Man in Critical Condition
- Road Closure in Effect Following Collision Investigation in Oakville