Witnesses Sought in Burlington Shooting
Investigators are on scene in Burlington after shots were fired early Friday.
“We just know there was two shots fired,” said Halton police Det. Jared McLeod.
“Nobody was hit. We don’t see any vehicles that have been hit.”
Reports came in about several gunshots near Ross St. and Olga Dr. at 4:30 a.m.
That’s downtown just west of Brant St., right by Central Public School.
A dark SUV was seen heading north on Ross St. but “no suspect info is available,” McLeod said.
Two casings were found and the forensic identification unit is on scene.
“We’re still going out to canvass, find some more witnesses, look for some more video surveillance if possible,” said McLeod.
Investigators say they believe it’s a targeted act and there’s no further risk to the public.
“We’re still just trying to get the big picture,” said McLeod.
Witnesses and residents with surveillance cameras are being asked to come forward.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Det. Jared McLeod of the Burlington criminal investigations bureau at 905-825-4747 ext. 2385.
Tips can also be submitted to Crime Stoppers “See Something? Hear Something? Know Something? Contact Crime Stoppers” at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS), or through the web at www.haltoncrimestoppers.ca
- Police Investigating Armed Robbery in Burlington
- 5 Hottest Restaurants in Oakville, Burlington and Milton – Nov. 10 – Nov. 16
- New Retailers Officially Open at Toronto Premium Outlets
- Here’s Everything we Know About This Huge Holiday Market in Milton
- House of the Week: $2.8 Mil Burlington Home That Overlooks the Water