Canada 150 Skates Happening in Halton Hills
Grab your loved ones and head for the ice because free skates are taking place across Halton Hills as Canada 150 wraps up.
There are two locations to choose from.
The event is taking place on Sunday, Dec. 10.
A public skate is being held at Acton Arena from 1:45 p.m. until 3:05 p.m. on the McKnight Pad. You’ll find it at 415 Queen St.
Mold-Masters SportsPlex at 221 Guelph St. is also hosting skates.
A public skate is on the Fernbrook Homes pad from 2:15 p.m. until 3:35 p.m., while a family skate takes place on the Saputo pad from 12:30 p.m. until 1:50 p.m.
Skate and helmet rentals are free.
Keep in mind, the schedule is subject to change.
You can contact facilities directly for the most up-to-date information.
Halton Hills was named Canada’s Most Patriotic Town earlier this year.
The honour comes after tallying a final flag count of 57,073 during the Most Patriotic Town Challenge — that's when Canadian flags were everywhere for Canada 150 celebrations.
The Canadian Snowbirds made an historic, special salute with a flyover on Aug. 31, 2017.
- Police Searching for Burlington Robbery Suspects
- WANTED: Canada-Wide Warrant Issued for Sex Offender
- 5 Hottest Restaurants in Oakville, Burlington and Milton – Oct. 7 - Oct. 13
- Absolutely Massive Lotto Ticket Worth Millions Sold in Oakville
- Ontario Liberals Name New Candidate for Oakville North-Burlington Riding